Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 2: Genesis 17-29


Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. Genesis 28:15

I've always felt connected to the story of Jacob (primarily his wife Leah, but more about that tomorrow).  

I have to say, though, I've been through a lot over the last few years.  And there are plenty of times when I truly believed that The Lord had walked away from me.  Why did my dad have to get sick?  Why was my son born so early? Why did we have to lose our jobs?

It takes a lot to pray, but even more to praise.  And when times are difficult, when everything is just wrong, it's comforting to know that through my trials, I'm not going through them alone, but He's walking with me, carrying me when I can't stand on my own two feet.

I encourage anyone, that when you just think it can't get any worse, He's there to help you through it.  And as bad as it feels, when it's right, it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment