Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 8 Leviticus 1-15

Leviticus 1

The Law of Burnt Offerings
 1 Then the LORD called to Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting, saying, 2 “Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘When any man of you brings an offering to the LORD, you shall bring your offering of animals from the herd or the flock. 3 If his offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he shall offer it, a male without defect; he shall offer it at the doorway of the tent of meeting, that he may be accepted before the LORD. 4 He shall lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, that it may be accepted for him to make atonement on his behalf.



In today's reading, we find the importances of a quality sacrifice and offerings to The Lord:  Your sacrifices should be pure, as perfect as it can be.  It should be with your whole heart that you repent of the sins that you have committed.  And think about it - every time any sin was committed, they's have to have an offering.  So yes, if you told a white lie, you were/are guilty of sin.  Time to repent.  


I'm thankful that I don't have to bring an animal to an alter for a sacrifice (have I mentioned that I was a vegetarian for 5 years - reading about blood and fats and organs is not my favorite thing to do).  I'm thankful that every time I mess up, I can ask for forgiveness and it is given.


No comments:

Post a Comment